If environmental friendliness and saving money while staying comfortable sounds ideal to you, you’ll want to learn about geothermal systems.
Even though gas prices have taken a welcome tumble, many of our Nashville customers are still looking for HVAC systems that rank high on the environmental friendliness scale. If saving some green while you take steps toward going green at home is important to you, you might want to consider geothermal heating and cooling.
Here are 5 facts you need to know about using renewable energy to heat and cool your home:
- Keep your money to yourself: With a geothermal system, you might see your utility bills drop between 30-70% this year.
- Install it and forget it (almost): A geothermal system is known to require less maintenance (and that means lower maintenance expenses!) than a traditional gas, oil, or electric systems.
- Geothermal systems don’t use fossil fuels at all: There’s no combustion in a geothermal system, which means zero risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, toxic fumes, or explosions.
- No greenhouse gasses here: Geothermal systems only need a little bit of electricity to run and rely on the earth and sun for their power to heat and cool your home.
- Hot water to boot: Your geothermal system can even re-use the heat it generates to heat your household’s water, lowering the cost of heating water in your home by half or more.
If you’re looking to replace or upgrade your traditional HVAC system, now’s the best time to get all the facts about how a geothermal system would work for you.
If environmental friendliness and saving money at the same time sounds good to you, contact MJ Frick now to learn more.